Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Don't think about Pigs

It has been a while since I posted on the blog. My apologies to my faithful reader. An 8 month son, a hectic job, life, it all has been a swirl..and I am still basking in post-Obama sunshine. It truly is a dream, although America in general, is a bit of a nightmare these days. It has been a week since this historical moment was realized. Finally...
Saturday night I had the pleasure of eating a wonderful meal with a good friend and his father at a new restaurant in town called "Belly". It is a savory kind of place. Unfortunately, this evening coincided with Heather's mom making a wonderful home cooked meal in honor of her sister being in town. During their meal they decided to toast my absence with a rather strange statement led by Heather's aunt. "Let's send a mental message to Toby-don't think about pigs." Random? Yes. Odd? Yes. But true none the less. So you can imagine how they were all very amused to hear the next morning where I had eaten dinner. Especially when Heather noted that "Belly" has a pig as it's icon...

Wonderment....

No comments: